Whenever we’re feeling our energy levels sink to alarming low levels, we don’t waste any time and reach for our secret elixir: turmeric! This root, from the Curcuma plant, has been used for thousands of years throughout China, India, and other Asian and Pacific countries as a condiment. It was used for giving food and clothes an intense golden yellow colour, and even more important, as a medicine. This root treats inflammation, arthritis, liver disease, it even prevents Alzheimer and fights cancer. Next to that, it’s is widely used to relieve you from sinus inflammation and the headaches that come with it. That’s quite a mouthful of benefits!
Basically, turmeric is a supercharger for your immune system, exactly what we need during cold and rainy days. So let’s make an immunity boosting shot to drink in the morning. We promise it will keep your health strong!
- 5 cm of turmeric root
- Freshly pressed orange juice of 1 orange
- ½ Jonagold apple
- A few drops of rosemary oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice the orange and fill your glass.
- In a slow juicer, juice the apple and turmeric root.
- Add the juice to your glass and add some drops of rosemary oil and black pepper.